SATURDAY JUNE 9th: TORINO PARCO VALENTINO – Brera & Spider 939 Open Air Show
In collaboration with Italdesign, our Club is pleased to present an event that, together with others, celebrates the car and Alfa Romeo.
Parco Valentino – Salone & Gran Premio is an international trade fair held in Turin at the homonymous park since 2014. It is an outdoor motor show. Designed by the Turin entrepreneur Andrea Levy, the event is characterized by cars on display in the open, in a green setting or in the squares of the historic center of Turin, with the car in the center and not the fittings. A dynamic part is also associated with the show, with a car parade through the center of Turin.
If last year the Turin Motor Show celebrated Ferrari’s 70th anniversary, this year it’s up to Italdesign who, in the courtyard of the Valentino Castle, will present 50 models from Italdesign’s history and the genius of Giorgetto Giugiaro, from Fiat Panda at Volkswagen Golf, with Mini, Maserati 3200, Alfa Romeo Brera Concept.
Thanks to the collaboration with Italdesign, our Club will be able to exhibit, together with Giorgetto Giugiaro’s masterpiece Brera Concept, over 20 different versions of Brera of normal series, including Spider 939 versions created by Pininfarina the very rare Italian Independent, limited series Lapo Elkann and the S, deriving from the collaboration of Alfa Romeo with the English Prodrive.
Admission to the public for the entire event is free.
PROGRAM OF THE DAY (By direct invitation *)
- 9.30 am: meeting of the cars invited to the Murazzi del Po and delivery of the welcome kit
- 11.30-12.30 am: parade of the cars from the Murazzi del Po to the Castello del Valentino
- 12.30 pm: layout of the cars in the court of honor of the Valentino Castle
- 1.30 pm: lunch at the Italdesign Lounge at the Valentino Castle **
- 2.30 pm: visit to the Parco Valentino Exhibition
- 16.30-20.00: return to the hotel and relax ***
- 20.00-22.00: Club Privilege dinner ****
* Only cars that have already received a direct invitation to participate are allowed, for all the other associates and sympathizers, a visit to the Exhibition is envisaged as a spectator without a car
** Access to the Lounge reserved for the crews of the cars on display
*** Hotel charged to participants to be paid upon arrival. We will provide in the next days indication of the structures agreed
**** Cost of dinner and restaurant will be announced in the coming days.
SUNDAY 10 June: ROUTE PANORAMICA ZEGNA – Brera & Spider 939 Grand Tour
To conclude a weekend in the name of the car and its beauty, the club proposes a trip along the road called PANORAMICA ZEGNA in the province of Biella. Road that was built in 1938 by the textile entrepreneur Ermenegildo Zegna. We will traverse the Biellese Alps with breathtaking views and immerse ourselves in the Middle Ages passing from the country of ROSAZZA: Country of only 95 inhabitants defined the most mysterious village of Italy, rich in art, history and culture, with monuments that have come up to us Perfectly intact, testifying to his legendary past; A place full of charm, even because of its characteristic architectural landscape of 1800.
We will pass through the Rosazza gallery important historical monument, 367 meters long and is placed at a height 1488 meters above sea level. The excavation work, made entirely by hand on compact and very hard rock, was completed in 1897, which lasted 4 years.
Suggestive the passage in the darkness of the rock where exciting is the sound of the engine that you perceive!
We finish the tour arriving at the Palazzo Boglietti in Biella, for lunch, in another very particular building: the imposing rocky mass that constitutes the envelope of the building is of green stone of the Alps, and comes from the quarries of Gressoney. From it, like the fungi nourished by the oak, there are bursting spherical cups overflowed by copper shells, which with an upward movement project upward and generate terraces and surfaces accessible to visitors. The palace is the result of the virtuous search for a spatial complication and, through a generous homage avowedly Wrightiano, evokes typical characteristics of expressionism.
On a strictly architectural level, of particular interest is the stairwell designed as an overturned triangular pyramid and differently oriented compared to the system’s authorising axes.
PROGRAM OF THE DAY
- 8.00 am: departure from Turin for Biella *
- 9.30 am: departure from Trivero ** to start the Panoramica Zegna
- 10.15 am: about arrival and passage inside the village of Rosazza and then continue along the road leading to the Rosazza Gallery
- 12.30 pm: arrival in Biella at Palazzo Boglietti for a welcome drink
- 1.00 pm: lunch
- 4.00 pm: end of the event
* The exact place of departure from Turin will be indicated in the next days
** The exact place of departure from Trivero will be indicated in the next days